Thursday, May 11, 2006

Playing Catch Up

Well, I am not sure if you have noticed my absence, or if you really care, but Mental Vaca is OVER! I am diving head first back into the swimming pool of waves that are my daily thoughts...and bailing them out of my mind as fast as I can. See, this blog lets me clear my head, I tend to forget that at times.

I have been traveling a lot, and will continue to do so for the next month for training. Some of it has been great...just me, God, and the open road. Some of it, not so great....since when did I really learn to love my alone time? Lots of family time, some good, some...again, not so good.

This weekend...well, it's Mother's Day. I have several "mothers" in my life. The problem....my biological mother is up to her same old tricks. This weekend, even for the purpose of being thankful that we have mothers, will undoubtedly be a difficult one in my family. The Chronicals of Momia will continue next week. I have Therapist "on call", plenty of meds to ease the frustration, and a very heavy heart. I HAVE to remember that this is what is best, and that God is in control. You see, we will be conftonting my mother with her pain and depression this weekend. I have referred to it as an intervention, but that is not a good word. We are worried about her, about her mental health, her physical health, about the fact that we really don't want her to grow to be a VERY bitter old woman. How do you express this to someone who has given up so much for you? How do you, LOVINGLY, tell your mother that she is on the verge of losing her family because of her actions? How do you prepare for such an undertaking? PRAY, breath, PRAY some more.

Said "intervention" will be happening sometime after Friday evening. The bodyguards are armed and ready with their own heavy hearts, but it is time. I know this. If you have any advice, or verses that might serve me and my family well over the next few days, I would REALLY appreciate it if you might share those with me...

Preview for next post.....the difference between approval, advice, and accountability.

I have missed you.

6 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Blogger the voice said...

Umm, welcome back. My advice for dealing with what I assume is an elderly parent is to make sure she is in on decisions, in a way. Present evidence to her, and ask "what do you think this means", or to that effect. Then ask what the solution would be. It's a lot like dealing with kid's, except she will probably be more stubborn. But if she believes that she helped decide a course of action, she may be more apt to go with it. If she is the defiant type, actual confrontation may have the opposite effect than what you intend. A local social worker may be able to assist you effectively. Above all, remember Love and Prayer. Good luck, and I will pray for you also. Ken

 
At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Shannon said...

Advice? How about "duck"? LOL, just trying to keep a sense of humor. Seriously, how about Proverbs 14:25: "A truthful witness saves lives, but a false witness is deceitful."

Praying like CRAZY about this. Love you--

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Chilihead2 said...

My good vibes to you and those with you. This is a hard thing to undertake, but worth it. You are doing the right thing and I know you do it with nothing but love.

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

I will pray that she does not feel attacked as my mother would. Hopefully it will turn out to be the best thing you could have done.

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger The Daring One said...

Oh. That is so hard. My only advice would be to do what you can, love her, pray for her and then learn that in the end, she's the one who needs the to make the real changes.

 
At 1:49 AM, Blogger e-Mom said...

Be compassionate. Think BEHIND her bad behavior and attitudes. What's at the root of her unhappiness?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home