Saturday, May 13, 2006

Dreams and Whispers

I had a dream last night that I remember parts of very vividly. I am not exactly sure where we were or what was happening, but this is the compressed version.

Standing in a line somewhere with my mother, brother and grandmother, there was some discussion as to what we were supposed to do next. Were we supposed to get our drinks, or take the elevator? (Don't you just love dreams?) If we were supposed to get our drinks, were they paid for, and exactly where was the elevator? Bubba, being from out of town, did not know the immediate answer. Grandmother, still one of the smartest women I know, was as lost as a child in the grocery store. Mom, well...no explanation. I told them all several times that the drinks were paid for and that I would show them to the elevator since I was familiar with the facility. This was completely ignored, so I re-stated it. After being ignored a third time, I dropped to my knees and SCREAMED in the middle of some very public place (a Southern woman would NEVER do this) "DOES ANYBODY HEAR HER?" I sobbed. When I looked up, they were gone, and I was alone, still screaming and sobbing.

I would love to tell you that I give no weight to dreams. Usually I don't, but this one was a little too intense to ignore. What does it mean? Why don't we understand dreams? Are dreams/nightmares the work of God or Satan?

To relate all of this to recent situations, while traveling last week with my mother and grandmother, I stepped into my "cruise director" role of traveling. Neither of them have flown for several years, and the airports have changed...a lot since their last "voyage". I became their "parent". This is a role that I have struggled with many times with my mother. I have been an emotional parent for many years.

I tell you all of this because the "Chronicals of Momia" will reach the climax of the story tonight. We are confronting her with her anger, lies, and deception. She has hurt so many people without apology for so long. There are now several people under 4'9" that she can affect/manipulate/hurt. If we don't protect them, I am afraid that they will face the same issues that I have. The excuses that she has given for her behavior do not gel with the timeframe of how long she has acted this way. It is time to open the wardrobe and face the ficticious world that she is living in. She can't hurt us anymore. We won't let her get to us.

Us and we...those are me, my brother, and "the little girl" inside of me. I am suiting up today, climbing in a protective bubble with the little girl. I pray for His words to be my voice. I pray for His patience, His grace, His mercy, His love.

Sarah Groves is running through my mind this morning..."Right now, I don't hear so well....I think you're whispering." I am taking comfort that a whisper is all that I need to hear Him. I KNOW that He hears me.

Dear God,
Please give us your strength, your caring hands, your loving voice.
Love,
Melissa

6 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Blogger Heather said...

:) wanted to say HI!

 
At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just want to tell you how brave and wise I think you are. Reading your blog has helped me so much to understand and know you. Your words are so rich and insightful. This is being written @ 6:30 Sat evening, so the confrontation is likely on. Wish there was more that we could do. We love you and yours very much and will see this thru with you. Mike

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Praying for your Prodigal said...

I'm not sure what you are going through--but related so to your phrase "emotional parent." Whatever the circumstances...I am glad that you are protecting the little girl inside of you. I have had to do the very same thing--and am grateful this mother's day that I have healed from past wounds; the legacy of pain does not continue onto my children and future generations.

Praying for you!

Diane

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger BooMama said...

Wow - when you're ready, I hope you can share some of the rest of the story with us. It's interesting to me that you are standing up and committing to breaking those "generational strongholds" before you have children of your own...and that shows wisdom beyond your years, my friend.

I also have to tell you - since I first read your blog a little over two months ago, there is a new sense of peace that is coming through your writing...I have a feeling that ties in with a new sense of peace that you're discovering in your life. Awesome. :-)

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

I just wanted to say that God sent messages to people in the bible through dreams, so He might still do so.

I believe that dreams are sometimes used by the Spirit to connect unrelated bits of information in my life or to remind me of things I glossed over.

(Other times, I just ate to much rich food for dinner. :) )

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger the voice said...

I truly believe God uses dreams to send messages, but I also believe that Satan has the same power, so you must be careful with trying to when trying to interpret them. With that said, there were some things that clearly stood out. The drinks, which you proclaimed as paid for, were clearly the sins Christ paid for. I'm taking a guess that the facility is your faith in Jesus, and that your family is at different levels of faith. Is that correct? You notice you dropped to your knees (prayer) and "screamed" (prayed loudly) for an answer. The elevator, I'm guessing, is the "narrow road" Jesus talked about, the one that leads to salvation. You are worried about the salvation of your brother, mother, and grandmother, and you feel powerless. Trust in God, Melissa, and put aside any fear or anger. You can soften the hardest heart using love, peace, joy, and all the rest of the fruits of the Spirit. I will continue praying for you and your family. God bless you today, Ken

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home