Friday, April 21, 2006

Wow!

All I can say today is WOW!!! There is such an amazing peace in knowing that you are following Him. Things just seem to fall into place. Details of my last job are wrapping up in a nice little package, the difficulties that I knew would occur with my new job have dissipated, and I CAN'T WAIT for what is coming soon to a Melissa near you!

I will be spending LOTS of time in my car from now on, and I have a selection of Christian CD's that I hold very dear. I have also memorized all of the words to most of them. So, I am asking for your feedback. What CD's do you enjoy? (I love ALL genres of music, but have been drawn to the upbeat, able to be screamed at the top of your lungs with the top down kind as of late...just something to keep in mind)

On a totally different note, I have also been re-reading my blog as of late. (this is a VERY natural occurrence for someone who is on the anxious/obsessive side) I have come to realize that this blog is a billboard of sorts for my problems. I have been NAKED in my writing. You have read some of my very deepest thoughts, and journeyed through a very difficult time in my life. BUT...if you saw me on the street, you would NEVER know I was the person writing all of this. I am a very happy person. I truly do look at the world with a Pollyanna demeanor. The smallest things bring a child-like excitement to me. It is my FAVORITE characteristic about myself. This blog has also afforded me the ability to get the thoughts out of my head so that I can have some semblance of a normal life. I am not tempted to go to a bar and tell everyone in the room what I am going through...because I am telling you. (Consequently, I don't go to bars much anymore, can't remember the last time I did....which is HUGE for me, cause there was about a year long period when I couldn't remember the last time I didn't) So, as you read, I ask that you keep in mind that I truly leap out of bed every morning, with a smile on my face that seems cemented in place all day long. Thanks for reading my billboard!

Love, M

6 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger the voice said...

Congrats on the new job! I think it's good that you are able to express yourself, and what's going on in your life in your blog. I certainly would not be comfortable sharing the more personal stuff in my life, but that's just me. Favorite music, let's see.... I like a lot of different styles. Third Day, Mercy me, Jennifer Knapp, Jars of Clay, Newsboys, Delirious?, Rebbeca St. James, Pillar, Mary Mary, 12 Stones, Sanctus Real, Switchfoot, Thousand Foot Krutch, Toby Mac, KJ52, Skillet... That's just a few of the bands I like, There are more.

 
At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!

 
At 11:51 PM, Anonymous shannon from rocks in my dryer said...

Thanks for clearing that up for everyone...because I DO know and love you, and I know that you're a doll! :)

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Carol said...

I don't see you as "naked" in your blog posts. More like "transparant." Which is what we are called to be with one another.

I'm so glad you're an upbeat, positive soul. It's so much easier to find downcast, negative ones in this world.

 
At 12:38 PM, Anonymous eph2810 said...

I am so happy for you :) It is great to get thing out on blogs, like you , some kind of therapy.:)

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) said...

that is great that you are smiling!

and writing is therapeutic isn't it? don't worry - we don't think you are too naked!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home