Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Timing is Everything

I keep apologizing for being behind in my LBY bible study. I am going at a snails pace. Everyone else is somewhere around week 4...me...day 2 week 1. BUT...I have seen God's way this morning...there is a reason that he wanted me to be taking baby steps. His timing is AMAZING!!!!

The second half of day two didn't speak to me this morning, it SCREAMED at me. I needed it so desperately, and had I read it three weeks ago, might not have been able to apply it directly to my life. The meat of the study today was about seeking worldly approval. I have written a WHOLE lot about approval...without realizing that I have been seeking the wrong approval. I have been seeking the approval of men, of mom, of grandmother, of boss. THEY DON'T MATTER. The only approval that I need is HIS. I don't want to go into the many ways that I have explained my approval seeking...feel free to read ANY of my previous posts...I promise you will find some sort of reference to it.

After mom "hooked" me this weekend, I have heard one continuing comment...I just have to let it go. To me, this is MUCH easier said than done. Well, this morning, God turned the spotlight on me. He showed me that I DON'T NEED HER APPROVAL. I need His. In seeking approval, we become enslaved to the one that we seek it from. I have spent most of my life as a "people pleaser". I have been enslaved to pretty much everyone that I know, or have ever met. Well, with His hand in my life, I will not do that anymore. I will seek only His approval. It makes so much sense to me now.

On another note, I need some help. If you visit often, and notice that I have not posted in a few days...please remind me that my distance from the blog world is a direct correlation to how distant I am from Him. The more I blog, the more I am learning about Him, and His hand in my life. I ask for your assistance with my accountability to Him.

Thank you GOD for this lesson...I needed that!

6 Comments:

At 7:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!

Got your message last night. I loved the title of your previous blog!

Keep up the good work. I'm very proud of you.

Love,

DV

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger the voice said...

Glad to see God working in you. Don't ever worry about how fast He works, just rejoice in the work of His hands, and let yourself be the clay. God bless you!

 
At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Janna said...

God's timing is incredible isn't it? I got the whole "who's approval am I really seeking" lesson last year when I went through a different study. It is a difficult lesson, and sometimes a lonely lesson to learn, but well worth it.

In that study I wrote down a quote from Beth Moore (I won't get it exactly but the idea is right):

You are never closer to God than when you are all alone with Him.

That "all alone" part is the tough part. God is working in you, hear and now...in His perfect timing. How cool is that. Hang in there,keep blogging,studying, and seeking to please your audience of ONE.

In Him,
Janna

 
At 1:18 PM, Anonymous shannon from rocks in my dryer said...

You are SO pointed in the right direction. Now one step at a time...

 
At 1:43 PM, Anonymous shannon from rocks in my dryer said...

BTW, love the new design.

 
At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog you have. Here's a great site about Make Money Online

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home