Monday, April 03, 2006

LBY Stuff

Well, we all know that I am an expert in the art of procrastination. Bible study is no different. I have to admit to you all that I have done exactly one and a half days of study. It's ok though, I am not so far behind that I cannot catch up...that is what I plan to do this evening.

To share what I have learned:
1. Women are inherently influential beings. How we use our influence depends on the kind of person that we are. Being in a sales position - I TOTALLY get this. I do not like the term salesman...it has an awful connotation in my mind. So, I prefer to call myself an educator. I have more knowledge of what I am selling than my consumer. So, I tell them exactly what they are looking at...good, bad, or ugly. As long as they know exactly what they are purchasing, I do not have to think that they are making an uneducated decision. Influence for good.

2. I DON'T UNDERSTAND - most of the things that the study is telling me. I do Bible studies to study the Bible...to learn things that I might have learned as a child, had my family been involved in a church. I have two Bibles that I use to study with. One might as well be written in Russian, the other doesn't have verses...only chapters. I am having a hard time understanding the point of everything. This is very dificult for me to admit as I am an educated adult, with understanding of LOTS of stuff....why can't I get this stuff. I feel like I need to join a Sunday School class - with Preschoolers. If anyone knows of something that can help with this "affliction" please let me know. I do not think my hiney would fit in those little chairs...even if the church would let me.

Ok, hitting the showers...Have a FABULOUS Monday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home