Sunday, March 26, 2006

One Newspaper, 8 Blogs, and Half a Pot of Coffee

Sundays...we all know these are difficult for me. Well, after a balloon popping Saturday, I am having a quiet Sunday. Quiet...in my mind, not the world around me. Skipping church today...just needed some time to myself...alone...with Him.

Why did the balloon pop? Well, anticipation filled it up, anxiety/obsession pissed it off, and (drumroll please) God intervened. He didn't pop my balloon, but He showed me a very valuable lesson about obsession. I had been waiting all week for a dear friend to come visit. Worldly circumstance made it impossible, and I got angry, and hurt. Obsession took over, and I am pretty sure that it pissed off my friend, and that is why the visit didn't happen...or did it? I am not sure, (that is the obsession, self-deprecating, blaming part of my anxious mind). I then started down the dangerous road of self-destruction...cause that is the pattern I tend to repeat, and here He came. He put up the road blocks...no one wanted to self-destruct with me....THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! It hurt last night, but I woke up this morning with a clearer view of yesterday's occurrences. Pretty cool...at least for me.

Then back to this morning. I LOVE my friends. They are the family that I choose. I love my family too, don't get me wrong. Reading blogs this morning, I am reminded of the fact that I AM NOT ALONE...there are LOTS of people struggling to "HEAR" Him. I knew this, but misery loves company, right? I am praying for my friends, and for myself. I pray that He intervenes, when He is ready, and that we can lie down, tangled in the barbed wire, hold each other's hands, and be quiet enough to hear Him. Christian fellowship CAN be found on the internet...in a world of strangers.

Broken, Praying, and Quiet....I love you!!!

2 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Blogger momrn2 said...

Rest in Him today friend. Even in the times we can't "hear" him we can trust and know that HE is there, arms around us, loving us. Let me leave you with one of my all time favorite verses.

Zephaniah 3:17 (NLT)"For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty Savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

 
At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you just hate it when you expect something and it doesn't happen? It makes you want to flip... like you said. I been there and I feel for you... at least you have God on your side.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home