Wednesday, March 01, 2006

40 Days and 40 Nights

This will be a bit of a strange post. I am worn out. I am tired, I need rest. I need rest in Him. In my bible study today, it discussed seeking His presence. There were some great passages that went along with this. Definitely some things to ponder.

"God desires followers desperate for His presence: people who don't necessarily want his blessings, but want Him!"

"God shares our affliction, and we find our rescue in His Presence. If we will go to Him, He will give us rest. Only the lord can satisfy."

Today is Ash Wednesday. Although my lack of knowledge of this Holiday leaves me ignorant as to the true meaning, I do understand a little. I understand that we are to sacrifice something in His honor. I do not know my true motivation for this, but I am giving up dating for Lent. All dating. No new dates, no old dates, no touching, no nothing. I know that I will struggle, but I want to do this. I want to focus my attentions to Him, to thirst for Him. I am broken, and I feel like my free will is destroying me. A large part of this is my constant obsessions to have the attention and affections of men. So...tonight at church...I give it up. My blog might get incredibly boring over the next while....deal with it.

(If any of you have seen the movie 40 Days and 40 Nights....this is similar...but probably not nearly as funny.)

There is a song that has been running through my head for the last few days. I hear it when I wake, I hear it all day long, it is on repeat in my head. I can honestly say that I feel like the words are being piped into my mind for a reason.

I lift my eyes unto the hills. Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, maker of Heaven and Earth.

It is from Casting Crowns...not sure which song.

On a totally different note, I mistyped the word some....it came out so me. Hmmmmm might be analyzing that in a future post. Some...give some to God....so me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home