Thursday, January 26, 2006

The TRUE Inner Child

"Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 18:3-4)

Thanks to another blogger, http://www.brokenmessenger.com/, I have an online daily devotional website. Today's lesson had very little to enlighten me today, so I went on a search for an older publishing. http://www.desiringgod.org/library/fresh_words/2005/062205.html This link is what I found. (Please excuse the rudimentary links...I am not the blogging guru that can do that kind of stuff, but you still get the point.)

One of the many things that I am working on in therapy is letting "the little girl" grow up. I have the duty to protect her and hold her. (Please see my previous post called The Question) Often times I have ignored her, let her be destroyed for adult Melissa's desires. How does this all realte to the links above? Well, it seems to have clicked this morning. I have a greater understanding of this inner child, and how I should treat her. Instead of threating her like I child, I need to humble the adult, and become more like her so that I can better understand her. This is what Jesus has been telling me all along, but it just never made sense. This is not to say that I will be trading in my suits for a smocked dress and a lolipop, but I will embrace her, and learn from her.

I have always loved children. Just yesterday, I had a stranger in my workplace. The other adults were busy talking, so I smiled at their two year old daughter. She grinned from ear to ear, and RAN into my arms. It is because of her that I see that is how we should be with Him. Such a small person, such a BIG lesson.

1 Comments:

At 7:15 PM, Anonymous Lauren said...

God uses my own children to teach me things all time. :)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home