Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Spiritual Experience

We all know what the GREATEST gift is, but do you know what the second greatest gift is?

A PERFECT RETREAT GIFT CERTIFICATE!!

No lie. My sweet aunt and uncle gave me a gift certificate for a one hour massage, a jacuzzi tub soak, a european facial, and a parafin treatment. I made my appointment and went yesterday for this, oh so very, perfect retreat! It was the best massage I have ever had! There are three reasons for this: 1. she completely relaxed me from head to toe, 2. it was free, and 3. I spent the entire time silent, and reflective. I prayed, I hung out with God, and I just rested.

I am learning that I can hang out with God while I am doing other stuff. I don't know why this hadn't really occurred to me sooner, but I am glad that it has. So, I am spending more time with God.

2 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Lauren said...

Sounds wonderful. Oh how I could use a day like that! [jealousy is abd, I am not jealous, jealousy is bad]

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Fairytales and Dreams said...

Valentine's Day IS coming...do you need someone to drop a line to your hubby??? Thanks for visiting my blog...you are the first non-family that I know of to read this!

Oh, and I LOVE your's...it is what I read while I drink my coffee!!!
M

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home