Friday, January 27, 2006

Guilty Admission

This is not a bad thing, I promise...you will probably find it humorous.

Yesterday, I called in sick to work. Why, for probably the most vain thing I have ever uttered. I had a BAD HAIR DAY! My boss was privy to what was truly going on, and she laughed, but I missed work nonetheless.

Within the last week, my hair has become REALLY greasy at the root, to the point that running fingers through my hair was the most disgusting thing I could do. Yesterday, it was bad enough to call in to work, and make a frantic emergency hair appointment. The verdict...my hair is reacting to long use of cheap hair products, hormonal changes, and stress. I NEVER would have thought that this could occur. From the time I got home from therapy on Wednesday to the time I went to bed last night, my hair was washed 18 times. Two of those time included vinegar and baking soda. I also incurred some expense with all of this as I now have two shampoos that I am to mix together to wash my hair with every day. I tell you all of this because....I STILL SMELL LIKE VINEGAR!!!!! My hair is better, but not normal. I don't know that it will ever be normal again....stupid hormones.

If any of you have had something like this happen, or have a hairdresser that might know a trick, I would appreciate some help. At this point, I will be purchasing vats of lemon juice, baby shampoo (which is recommended because there are NO moisturizers in it), and vinegar to keep in my shower. Along with purchasing the two little bitty bottles of expensive shampoo, I will now have to tell potential suitors..."I can't go out with you tonight, I have to wash my hair." Maybe this is God's way of letting me know that I need to take better care of myself, and spend more time with Him. There is ALWAYS a silver lining to the story.

Take care, and Happy Shampooing!!!

1 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Blogger The Daring One said...

You are funny! I hope I'd have the good humor to laugh my way through that. What a pain. Good luck with your new regimen.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home