Monday, January 30, 2006

Footprints

We all know the familiar poem about Footpirnts. The people in my life that have left footprints across my heart are referred to, in my own terminology, as Forever Friends. To define this furthur, they are family and friends that are so valuable to me that I will never forget them. I might lose touch for awhile, but they are always there. I trust them completely with my hopes and fears, and they never judge...or at least they don't tell me if they do.

I had the pleasure of spending the weekend with one of these such people in my life. We joke that we share a brain, but we kind of do. He is me in male form in many ways. I had not planned on writing about him, but he is too important to me not to share this amazing man. He has the ability to make you feel like you are the only other person in the world. He is kind, gentle, and genuine. I used to think this was all an act, but as we have gotten to know each other, I have come to realize that he is sincere. I knew from the moment that I met him that we would know each other forever in one capacity or another. If it is not God's will for us to be together, then we will always be close friends. That thought brings me great comfort. I tell you all of this because he is going through a rough spot in his life right now. I ask for your prayers for him.

I realize that when you put people on pedastals, they just fall off. But why dwell on the negative things of great people? We all have faults, it is how we deal with these that make us great in my mind. He is dealing with a HUGE strife, and although it is getting him down a bit, you would never know it. What a great ability.

To come full circle, his footprints on my life are treasures to me. I reflect about the time I spend with him and the things that he says often. For that, I thank him.

For my Forever Friends, I thank Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home